What the TNT Home Inspection Pros guarantee you
- Inspect and describe the ground cover and vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls on the property when any of these are likely to adversely affect the building;
- Inspect and describe walkways, patios (contiguous to the foundation), and driveways leading to dwelling entrances;
- Identify site conditions that are unsafe.
- Inspect and describe the condition of the visible materials of foundation walls and fr
- Inspect the roof covering, the roof drainage systems (gutters/downspouts), the flashings, the skylights, chimneys, and roof penetrations; and describe the roof covering
- Report the methods used to inspect the roof (e.g. from ground, with binoculars, from ladder, etc.).
- Report the roof areas that could not be inspected.
- Identify the location of main water and main fuel shut-off valves, and describe pipe material(s) and size;
- Operate all readily accessible plumbing fixtures and faucets and observe functional drainage;
- Inspect vents, flues, and chimneys, the fuel storage and fuel distribution systems, drainage sumps, sump pumps, and related piping;
- Inspect the water heating equipment and describe type and capacity.
- Inspect the service drop, the service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways, the service equipment and main disconnects, the service grounding, the interior components of service panels and sub panels, the conductors, the over-current protection devices
- Inspect a representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, receptacles and ground fault circuit interrupters;
- Describe the amperage and voltage rating of the service, the location of main disconnects and sub panels, the wiring methods;
- Report on the presence of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring where readily accessible, and on the absence of smoke detectors.
- Inspect the installed heating equipment, the vent systems, flues, and chimneys;
- Report the type of fuel and heat distribution system;
- Identify the capacity and approximate age from manufacturer service panel;
- Operate and report the condition of thermostats
- Inspect and report the condition of a representative number of supply and return openings (if applicable).
- Inspect the installed central and through-wall cooling equipment; and describe the energy source, the cooling method by its distinguishing characteristics.
- Report the equipment type, size and approximate age from manufacturer service panel
- Operate the equipment (weather permitting) by normal control controls and report the condition.
- Inspect the walls, ceilings, and floors, the steps, stairways, and railings, the countertops, installed cabinets, doors, and windows;
- Describe and report the condition and any defects or deficiencies;
- Report visible signs of water and moisture penetration into the building;
- Describe the style, size and location of an attached garage;
- Operate garage doors and garage door operators and report any defects or deficiencies.
INSULATION AND VENTILATION
- Inspect the insulation and vapor retarders in unfinished spaces, the ventilation of attics and foundation areas, the mechanical ventilation systems;
- describe the insulation and vapor retarders in unfinished spaces, the absence of insulation in unfinished spaces at conditioned surfaces.
FIREPLACES AND SOLID BURNING APPLIANCES
- Inspect the system components, the vent systems, flues, and chimneys;
- describe the fireplaces, solid fuel burning appliances, and the chimneys.
Click the link below to download the TNT pre-inspection agreement form.